[Pythonmac-SIG] Python twice on Apple's website

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:11:41 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I see pointers to Python appearing on Apple's OS X downloads
> page:
>
>   http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_apps_utilities/
>
> [...]
> 1 MacPython 2.1.1. (Jack Jansen, 1.1 MB)
>
>   [...]
>
> 2 Python 2.1 2.1 (Tony Lownds, 5.9 MB)

MacPython shouldn't be there. It is a wonderful thing, but it's definitely not
a Unix Application or Utility. I'm sending Apple a note about this.

As to the confusion of two Pythons: I think that'll be with us until at least
Python 2.3. I hope that by that time we've integrated MacPython and
MachO-Python enough that we can pretend that they're one thing.
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm