[Pythonmac-SIG] Python twice on Apple's website

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 23:41:22 +0100

Recently, "Peter H. Froehlich" <pfroehli@ics.uci.edu> said:
> Sorry, gotta put in my $0.02. The fink/debian package system is
> actually pretty smart, and having this version available helps when
> the rest of your developers use various Unix Pythons. I asked Tony
> about this a couple of hours ago, and he mentioned that the whole
> debian stuff could be very well utilized for more version control
> when installing "extra Python packages" if I understood him
> correctly. To sum up: Add whatever links, but please don't remove
> the fink link from python.org.

Ok, great!

Who is this fink targeted at, mainly at Mac users transitioning, or at
unix users transitioning? I had never heard of it, but I get the vague
impression that that's because I'm probably the last unix user on the
world who has used unix for an average of, oh, four hours per day for
the last 25 years and still never had any real experience with Linux:-)
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm