[Pythonmac-SIG] Silly question? Database server (Mac OS 9 / Mac OS x / PC-Win)

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:00:47 -0500

Guys,

I'm running into a situation where I'd like to interface with a database
(preferably SQL based).... But since I'm planning this to be multiplatform,
I'm not sure what's available for both Mac OS (9 & X) & the wintel
platforms...

MySQL doesn't seem to have a Mac version, that I could find?

Does anyone know of a Macintosh database that is Python accessible,
preferably
with a SQL style interface?  (i.e. I pass a SQL statement to the database
engine)

If necessary, I'll make a translation layer, for the PC version... But I
really
haven't looked into any of Mac Database packages (except Filemaker Pro
v4)...
Preferably this should be free, since however runs this would need it...

		- Benjamin