[Pythonmac-SIG] Building Apps in Os X? (previously Silly Ques tion....)

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:02:33 -0500

At 1:15 PM -0500 12/7/01, Schollnick, Benjamin wrote:
>	I'll have to (at least) examine MySQL, as per the earlier
>recommendation....

MySQL is ok, but I tend to think of it more in terms of what it can't
do than what it can do.

>Does anyone have any pointers for building apps in OS X?  I really haven't
>done any
>UNIX builds....

Sorry but I've never built anything under OS X, just linux and the
various other BSDs. Assuming that Apple hasn't screwed things up too
badly, I would generally say that the ease of any unix build is
directly related to how much care has gone into the source package
that you are working with. I've never had any trouble with things
like Apache, Python and Perl that offer really nice makefiles. Other
stuff has been dubious and has thrown lots of apparently spurious
errors during compile or in a few cases, just refused to build at all.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design
Web Design/Database Development
http://www.richardgordon.net