[Pythonmac-SIG] Standalone localhost OSX configuration; w/ Zope, wo/ network

Kari-Hans Kommonen khk@uiah.fi
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 16:42:25 +0200

hi!

Does someone know what it takes to successfully run MacOSX without
live network connection and be able to point the browser to
http://localhost (which runs Zope)?

I have not been able to do this with a machine that does not get any
TCP/IP services (eg. live ethernet and DHCP address) from the
outside. I have given it a manual TCP/IP address in the TCP/IP
control panel.

The Zope installation should be ok, and works when I am on the
network, and I can access it from elsewhere as well.

Because I know practically nothing about Unix, I have no idea how to
start looking for the reason and what to try out.

I am asking about this on this list, because I see Zope as a nice and
powerful local object server for any MacOSX Python application, but
if you can't trust that you can always find your objects from
localhost even if you are not on the net, the prospect is lost.

Kari-Hans Kommonen