[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: ConfigurePythonCarbon pukes on OS X.1

Alexandre Parenteau aparente@adobe.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:57:54 -0800

> Anyone know what these symptoms from ConfigurePythonCarbon are trying to
> tell me?
>
> 1) Download and run the Python 2.1.1 or 2.2b2 carbon kits on OS X.1;
> 2) Watch as the Installer mentions that "the config tool will likely die
> when I sublaunch it on OS X" (it does);
> 3) Jump back to Finder and manually launch the (carbon) config tool;
> 4) Watch as the tool stops responding while "Creating PythonCore aliases..."
>
> The Console receives a number of...
>
> GUSI: (fLocked > 0) -- assertion failed.

This is a known bug of GUSI on OSX. Jack and I have tried to push for
Matthias Neeracher to help us out with this problem.

Jack, did you have news from Matthias on that subject ? I would think this
needs to be fixed for 2.2 RC, because MacPython is not usable on OSX because
of that.

If only I knew where to put the critical section needed by GUSI... Sigh...

Alex.

--
Alexandre Parenteau
Computer Scientist