[Pythonmac-SIG] Large number sets on MacPython (Carbon)

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:30:33 +0100

> =

> Hi All,
> =

> I have just installed MacPython on OS X and converted my unix scripts o=
ver.
>  These scripts deal with large matrix calculations.  Unfortunately I fi=
nd that
> when I drop one of these scripts on the interpreter I get a Math range =
error
> but I don't seem to get that when running from the IDE.

This is definitely not well-covered ground, I can think of absolutely no =

reason why math behaviour would be different under the raw interpreter th=
an =

under the IDE.

If this behaviour is easy to reproduce, could you send me a script that s=
hows =

it?

Oh yes: you are indeed dropping your script on the PythonInterpreter, you=
're =

not running it with the commandline python interpreter? (Because that is =
a =

completely different beast inside than the IDE, so there I could well ima=
gine =

differrent behaviour for math boundary cases).
--
Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++=

Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig =
++++
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.=
htm =