[Pythonmac-SIG] more on MacPython/OSX/shared lib

Paul Miller paul@fxtech.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:35:17 -0600

> > Jeff - is this similar to the problem you're having? Since you're here, I'm
> > seeing it when my AE plug-in (which is linked against Python) is
> > dynamically loaded by AE.
>
>Sounds very similar.

This is what happens in the debugger when I try to load my plug-in (which
is linked against PythonCoreCarbon):

I get an "access fault" error.
The stack trace has a bunch of CarbonCore entries, then several [unknown]
entries, then CoreFoundation, then libSystem.b.dylib, and that's it.

My next step is to remove all my Python code and see if I get the error
without linking against Python.

All this works in Classic and OS9 of course.

--
Paul T. Miller | paul@fxtech.com | http://www.fxtech.com