[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test the 2.2 installer

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:57:55 -0500

At 1:20 PM -0800 12/22/01, Donovan Preston wrote:
>Even though it says the modules are inside the Carbon module, they
>are really not -- they are just in a module (folder) called Carbon
>to keep them together. If you've run ConfigurePythonClassic, the
>c-compiled modules (_AE, _App, _Ctl) that are being used are the
>ones that are linked against the normal mac libs and not Carbon.
>Confusing, but the Carbon module is just a way to keep the Mac
>modules neat and tidy together. Maybe it should have been called Mac
>instead. (Mac.AE, Mac.App, Mac.Ctl)...

Thanks. I noticed this when I decided to reinstall everything and
bothered to read the readme. 8 -(

Oddly enough, the installer got confused again when I reinstalled
even tho I had deleted all older stuff and all preference files, so I
still had to configure for Classic manually. I also still think that
the IDE is taking longer to load than it used to, but perhaps I'm
just being impatient.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design
Web Design/Database Development