[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie-Q: test & applets

Christian Ebert blacktrash@gmx.net
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:09:46 +0100

Hi there,

I am completely new to Python and more or less to programming
too. So bear with me or point me in the right direction if this
has already been covered somewhere else.

1.

After installing 2.2 I ran test.regrtest - everything went fine
when I typed the commands directly in the interpreter.

However if I run test.regrtest from IDE or if I run import
test.autotest I get:

[...]
test_threaded_import
test test_threaded_import skipped -- can't run when import lock is held
[...]
1 skip unexpected on mac:
    test_threaded_import

Is this the regular behaviour?

2.

If I save a little "Hello world" script as applet and try to run
it I get the message: "PythonCore not found". After I run
ConfigurePythonClassic (the script imports Tkinter) everything
works fine - till I restart my computer, then I have to run
ConfigurePythonClassic again to make it work.

More or less the same little script, but with import W, can only
be run from within IDE. Saved and run as applet it returns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Christians PB HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Scripting:Python 2.2:Scripts:Hello_world.py", line 1, in ?
    import W
  File "Christians PB HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Scripting:Python 2.2:Mac:Tools:IDE:W.py", line 5, in ?
    from Wbase import *
  File "Christians PB HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Scripting:Python 2.2:Mac:Tools:IDE:Wbase.py", line 698, in ?
    _cursors = {
MacOS.Error: (-192, 'Resource not found')

I added $(PYTHON):Mac:Tools and $(PYTHON):Mac:Tools:IDE in
preferences.

What am I missing? Some QuickDraw module?

(Mac OS D1-9.2.2)

TIA

Christian