[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2 Framework _REENTRANT

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:21:05 +0100

You should probably compile without preprocessed headers (sorry, not
behind my OSX machine right now so I don't know the exact command line
switch).

The problem is that Python needs the _REENTRANT macro defined (for the
reason stated in pyconfig.h, so that you get thread-safe errno and
such), but that the set of precompile headers supplied by Apple was
generated with it undefined. This is a general problem with
precompiled headers: they only work if you don't use any special
switches.