[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2 Framework _REENTRANT

Adam Eijdenberg adam@switchedonsoftware.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:50:32 +1100

Jack,

Firstly, thanks for your response.

> You should probably compile without preprocessed headers (sorry, not
> behind my OSX machine right now so I don't know the exact command line
> switch).

No switch necessary, it just shoots out about a billion warnings telling
me that it can't use the precompiled headers.

> The problem is that Python needs the _REENTRANT macro defined (for the
> reason stated in pyconfig.h, so that you get thread-safe errno and
> such), but that the set of precompile headers supplied by Apple was
> generated with it undefined. This is a general problem with
> precompiled headers: they only work if you don't use any special
> switches.

Fair enough. Is it feasible to recompile the precompiled headers so that
this will work?

Kind regards,
Adam Eijdenberg
Switched on Software