[Pythonmac-SIG] project with embedded python

Etienne Antoniutti Di Muro etienne@alias.it
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:25:06 +0100

Jared,

> Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] project with embedded python
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:09:27 -0500
> From: Jared Schiffman <jarfish@media.mit.edu>
> To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
>
> I'm trying to embed Python in a full fledge
> C++ Mac application. Even without calling Python
> code, just including the PythonCore makes things
> crash.

Python 2.0 or previous?? I'm using Python 1.5.2 and works fine.

> If anyone has a CodeWarrior project which uses
> regular Mac libraries and includes PythonCore
> (or a static Python lib), I would thoroughly
> appreciate seeing it.

I included in my project the following folders:

:Include
:Mac:Include

of the Pythoin1.5.2 distribution

and I linked the PythonCore against the CW prj.

As I can remember (it happened more than a year ago) I build the Python Core on my
own
(a pretty damned job) with those  folders. Later I used the same PythonCore with
different include folders,
and crashed. I had to rebuild the PythonCore with the upgraded include folders to
get the project compiled,linked ......and running.
Think this is quite obvious.

hope this can help
regards
etienne