[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1a2 available

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:17:32 -0800

At 17:04 -0800 2/17/01, Corran Webster wrote:
>At 11:28 PM +0100 17/2/01, Jack Jansen wrote:
>>Please try this version and report your findings here to
>>pythonmac-sig, including the full version info of your OS and
>>MacPython (needed because I expect to release alfas often).
>
>I just downloaded the 2.1 alpha, but can't get it to run at all -
>when I try t start any of the Python applications (IDE, Interpreter,
>whathever), I get am error dialog saying that the application could
>not be opened because "=BBCarbonLib=AB" could not be found.
>
>I'm running OS 9.1 on a Blue G3, with CarbonLib 1.1.1, which is
>properly installed and running, as far as I can tell.  I'm not using
>the OS X Beta at all.

I'm getting the same error (except that the wording is =BBCarbonLib=AB could
not start up).

Mac OS 9.1 with CarbonLib 1.2.  8100/80.

Something was absorbing most available cycles after the installer claimed
to have finished.  I think we've done this before.

The error starting up the Interpreter was after the forced restart and
resultant cleanup.  (Going away for  long time would probably have avoided
the forced restart.)

    --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA