[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1a2 available

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:35:06 +0100

Hmm, so it seems CarbonLib's are not all equal.
What we apparently have so far is

MacOS 9.0.4, CarbonLib 1.0.4: Works (Jack)
MacOS 9.1, CarbonLib 1.1.1: CarbonLib could not be found (Corran)
MacOS 9.1, CarbonLib 1.2: CarbonLib could not start up (John)

If people have situations to add to this list, or different results for t=
hese =

combinations, please let us know. I can't convert to 9.1 on my main machi=
nes =

(because 9.1 and OSX don't mix) but I may have another machine I can put =
9.1 =

on. But I don't really want to put the whole CodeWarrior suite, etc on th=
ere =

as well...

> Something was absorbing most available cycles after the installer claim=
ed
> to have finished.  I think we've done this before.

Note that this is a different (and well-known) problem: the installer has=
 to =

tell the finder to look at the 2000 files it just dumped on the disk. =

According to Mindvision you shoulnd't abort this process, and if you do y=
ou =

should do a rebuild desktop. This may also clear the other problems you'v=
e had.
--
Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++=

Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig =
++++
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.=
htm =