[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1a2 available

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:57:17 -0500 (EST)

On OSX PB with MacPython your first alfa of MacPython 2.1a2:

 EasyDialogs.test() crashes from both the python interpreter and the IDE.

 On starting the IDE, I get the message:
	 XXX killed unknown (crashed?) Python window.
 in the output window.

 If I try to call Win.NewCWindow( ... )
 the window briefly appears and disappears, with that same message
  repeated again in the output window.

 (If I do the same from Python interpreter, the window doesn't disappear)

 There are a bunch of cosmetic glicthes in the IDE:  text doesn't fit
   in buttons, outline around default button doesn't quite match the
   button, et.al.

But, I'm quite amazed that you got this far Jack -- great start!
( Are you using CW6 for this ? I haven't upgraded mine, but if it's
  really working well under OSX I may do so. Does their debugger
  work under OSX ?  They don't support mach-o output yet, do they? )

I'm sure I'll poke around on it some more. I saw some instructions
a while back on one of the OSX lists on how to coerce gdb to work
for CFM apps. If I can find that and get it to work, I'll try to
get you some more useful info.

-- Steve