[Pythonmac-SIG] CarbonLib incompatibilities

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:50:26 +0100

Folks,
I'm at my wits end as to the CarbonLib incompatibilities. I've installed 9.1
on my home machine, and now indeed Carbon MacPython refuses to run. Any toy
program I try runs just fine.

I've started looking through the archives of Apple's Carbon Developer mailing
list, but it's unsearchable, so I haven't found anything yet.

If anyone has any ideas of sources of information where I could go have a look
for this problem please let me know. Oh yes: if people could mail me the
*exact* wording of the error message they get that would also be helpful as it
would make searching easier (my system is Dutch so my error message isn't much
use).

Also, if someone knows of a way to get my machine to be a bit more helpful
than simply saying ">>CarbonLib<<" not found or ">>CarbonLib<<" could not
start that would be nice too (running under the debugger doesn't help either:
the problem happens before startup). Is there a "debugging cfm", maybe?
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++