[Pythonmac-SIG] Cocoa from Jython on MacOSX

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:36:26 -0500 (EST)

OK -- I know I was one of several people who suggested that
one ought to be able to access macosx Cocoa classes from Jython,
however, now that I've actually tried to do it, I can't seem to
find those classes anywhere.

Importing com.apple.cocoa (or com.apple.cocoa.foundation) doesn't work:

Jython 2.0 on java1.2.2 (JIT: null)
>>> import com.apple.cocoa
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named cocoa
>>> import com.apple
>>> dir(com.apple)
['__name__', 'buckyball', 'jdirect', 'mrj', 'scripting']

And looking in the jar-files, I can't find it either.

I'm guessing this has something to do with cocoa being
implemented by the special java<->objective-c bridge.

Anybody else got it working?
Any clues?

-- Steve Majewski