[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python 2.0 and MultiUser

Tattoo Mabonzo K. tmk@easynet.be
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:24:59 +0100

On Thursday, December 28, 2000, at 05:04 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Bingo!=20
> when you run Python as another user you don't have the preference=20
> file, apparently each user has a completely distinct set of=20
> preferences files. Therefore, each user that wants to use Python must=20=

You're right indeed. I kept deleting the Python Prefs for the computer =
owner instead of those of the current user %-(...

> run InstalPython first. Otherwise the default sys.prefix will be set=20=

> to whereever the first Python applet was run from.=20

An alternative is to trash the user spefic python prefs (which lives @ =
'<startup disk>:Users:<username>:Preferences:Python:Python 2.0') and =
simply run ConfigurePython.

> I'll add a note to the readme file, and I'll also add some code to be=20=

> a bit more intelligent about setting the sys.prefix preference (I=20
> could for instance skip this if the folder from which we're run does=20=

> not contain  :Lib and :Mac subfolders).

Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks a lot Jack!

=3D tmk =3D