[Pythonmac-SIG] Double CLickable

Amos Newcombe anewcombe@earthlink.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:26:11 -0500

>  > am forever launching scripts that I really intended to edit.

I solve this problem by using BBEdit group files. These are files
that contain, not text, but just a list of other files. The group
file window shows the file names, with buttons for maintaining the
list. For each project I create such a file including all the source
files, as well as other group files, or library source files,
whatever I want to have quickly available when working on that
project. Double-clicking on any of these in the group file window
opens up the file in BBEdit. (Even binary files, if that floats your
boat.)

Double-click on the file in the finder to launch the script. Or drag
it to the IDE alias conveniently sitting on the desktop. Whatever.

Something of a PITA, but I like to have the group window there to
remind me of what I can look at, even from distant folders.

My BBEdit is 5.1, but I think group files have been around for awhile.

Amos
--
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there
is no difference between theory and practice.