[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPy 2.1: re module error in IDE

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:39:23 +0200

I tested your snippet on MacPython as from the current CVS repository, and
while it doesn't crash with the recursion error it also doesn't work: it
returns None for the match object (and while I'm not a computer I'm under the
distinct impression that it should return a match:-).

I've added a comment to your bug report, and I think we should wait to see
what the sre guru's have to say about the matter.