[Pythonmac-SIG] Syntax coloring, etc.

kevin parks kp87@lycos.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:34:07 +0900

Hi. I am using Python 2.1 on OS 9.1 (also under X, but right now only experimentally) I was wondering how does one get the syntax coloring and other such niceties of the IDLE to show up in the Mac IDE? Is there some module that has to be imported to turn it on? I don't own Pepper or BBedit (only the lite version, which is free) and cannot buy either as i live in Korea and have no credit card. I was hoping that there was still a way to get the Mac IDE suped up a bit with some extra niceties.

Any tips on making the Mac IDE more... uhm.. pleasant like the UNIX and Windoze IDEs (IDLE and the PythonWin package doodad).

cheers,

-kevin--
kp87@lycos.com

ps. I am also, incidentally, trying to get the hang of list comprehensions, which is a new language construct for Python 2.x. If anyone knows any really clear & basic toots on this aspect of the language i would love to know. As this query is off topic, perhaps off-list is better.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!