[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling mxTextTools for the MAC

Yair Benita Y.Benita@pharm.uu.nl
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:39:21 +0200

I am trying to install Biopython on the Mac.
mxTextTools is essential for Biopython and thus I am trying to compile it.
It has a setup.py file and when trying to build the extensions with
distutils I get:
distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: Can only make SHARED_LIBRARY or
SHARED_OBJECT targets on the Mac
I guess that means you have to compile manually but I have no clue how to
build the project in CodeWarrior and what target to set. I do have access to
the *.c and *.h files needed.
Did anyone compiled mxTextTools before?
Any idea how to import the c extension project into codewarrior?
Yair