[Pythonmac-SIG] packages

kevin parks kp87@lycos.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:02:25 +0900

how do you install packages on Mac OS 9.x?

I am looking to install the following package
called pmask

http://pythonsound.sourceforge.net/pmask/

it has a setup.py, which if i run i get a funny dialog box asking for commands. I hit just took a guess and said install and the thing ran a while and then a traceback error. Anyone ever run pmask on this list? Is the package broken? or is my brain broken?

cheers,
-kp--

ps. How do you uninstall a package that you don't want.

I am hating packages already. Why can't it just be a module like pretty much everything else? Who needs that much structure? Ugh! (i am sure all you package lovers will set me straight and tell me how useful they are). I just want this one to work!

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!