[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1.1 final candidate 1 available

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:02:16 +0200

Folks,
the first Final Candidate (and hopefully the last) for MacPython 2.1.1
is available in http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer/ (or in
ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac/newer/ which is the same place
thru ftp).

This is a bugfix release only, so there's really no reason not to
switch. At least: that's what you're going to find out for me in the
next few days:-)

Aside from all the fixes to the core (see www.python.org for those)
the main mac-spcific fixes are
- sys.path doesn't lose it's case anymore. Moreover, the problems
people had with non-ascii characters in their path should be either
solved or at least (for the Japanese, I'm afraid) result in an error
message. If people can try non-ascii chars (esp. Japanese or another
non-8-bit charset) in their path I'd be delighted to hear the results.
- MacOS 8 users should be able to use IDE (and the Fm module) again.

Please don't advertise this distribution too wide, as I had to use the
Oratrix Vise license for it (my MacPython free Vise license had expired and
I haven't received a new one yet, the final distribution will have to
wait until it comes in, I'm afraid).
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++