[Pythonmac-SIG] Howto set CW command line option?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:35:42 +0200

> I=B4m trying to build wxpython and for this I need to set "-bool on" an=
> "-prefix wx_cw.h". Which distutils variable is the one to use? I had no=

> success with "defines" and "cflags" so far. =

I assume that you're talking about OS9 or earlier here. The flags you spe=
cify =

are completely new to me, but I do know there's a CodeWarrior option "boo=
l =

support" and an option "prefix file", that you might want to set to these=
 =

values. However, I'm not aware of a command-line version of CodeWarrior (=
or do =

the CW compilers also run under the MPW shell?).

Anyway, distutils currently has no support for setting these options, but=
 it =

would be not too difficult to add them. The best way may be to add suppor=
t for =

a "command line" to :Mac:Lib:mkcwproj, and there use AppleEvents to chang=
e the =

settings in the project. In other words: first generate the project file =
as it =

is done now (with default values for bool support and prefix file), then =
loop =

through the "command line" and change any option settings that are in the=
re.

If this isn't enough help let me know. I have preciously little time, but=
 I =

guess wxPython is important enough that I'll just push some other things =
out a =

bit.
--
Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++=

Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig =
++++
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.=
htm =