[Pythonmac-SIG] Python.framework under OS X

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Dinu Gherman wrote:

> You can write your own palletes or what they are called,
> basically some kind of bundles, that you can extend IB's
> capabilities with. Just drag them in the appropriate
> folder and all of a sudden you could have a pallete con-
> taining one widget representing a whole Python inter-
> preter or other components you've written, graphical or
> not. Then you can happily start wiring these graphically.
> It's very intuitive and has been there for about ten
> years, now.
>
> > Is there a way we could emulate the magic that IB does for Cocoa for
> > Objective-C and Java?

Documentation and methods to support other languages in IB is
something that has been promised by Apple on the macosx-dev list.

I don't know if it's just a matter of documenting how they added
Java runtime support, or if they need to generalize those API's
before documenting them.

I've downloaded the last developer update, but most of the
NSNibConnector docs are still "Description forthcoming" .
( There are some docs on the NSNibAwakening protocol. )

-- Steve Majewski