[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1.1c2 available

Mark Day mday@mac.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:12:14 -0700

On Thursday, July 26, 2001, at 02:40 PM, Corran Webster wrote:

> It runs fine unless I switch another application to being the frontmost
> one.  When I do, the Python script crashes, sometimes with a
> KeyboardInterrupt exception, and sometimes with _no_ explanation about
> the exception raised, for example:

I had something similar happen in the Carbon IDE on 9.1 (installed via
the active installer).  While test.autotest was running, I tried
clicking on Finder's desktop.  It didn't switch out, so I clicked in the
menu bar, window title bar, and maybe a few other places.  When it got
to the end of the test, the Python output window came up with a message
(Doh!  Forgot to save it off.) and suddenly, I had two sets of menus.
The normal menus were followed by another Apple menu (in about the
middle of the menu bar), File, Edit, Python, and Windows.  I quit the
IDE and tried to reproduce it, but haven't been successful yet.

A few of the tests fail due to memory problems.  Bumping up the default
partition size fixed all but test_longexp.  This happened with 2.1, and
I think you mentioned on your web page that the memory errors were to be
expected (on Mac OS 8/9 at least).

I'm in the middle of trying Mac OS X 10.0.4 and Mac OS 8.1 right now.

-Mark