[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1.1c2 available

Doug Landauer landauer@apple.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:47:23 -0700

On Thursday, July 26, 2001, at 04:08 AM, Jack Jansen wrote:
> Folks,
> there's a 2.1.1c2 installer available in
> http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer . I think this is
> complete, but please try it.
> And I mean that: the c1 installer was tested by exactly one person (at
> least, that's how much feedback I got) ...

I have an old 8500 running Mac OS 9.0.4.

The installer seemed to work fine.

The tests run ok
  (Note:  The ReadMe says that three tests will fail,
   including test_sha.  The first time I ran it, I think
   test_sha either didn't fail, or the test harness didn't
   detect its failure.   Couldn't reproduce:  test_sha
   failed as advertised, next time I ran it.)

Had a hell of a time getting any of my scripts working;
I guess they ended up, at some point, getting Unix line-endings
on them, and the PythonInterpreter appears to still be unable
to deal with that sort of file.  Pity...  The symptom is rather
unfriendly:  the python interpreter seems to want to run the
script, it throws up an interaction window, and then says
"<terminated>".

Once past that, the other (simple) scripts I tried seemed
to work fine.

   -- Doug