[Pythonmac-SIG] test.autotest errors

Appelkore@aol.com Appelkore@aol.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:25:29 EDT

I am new to Python, but not to the Mac OS or programming.

I installed Python, opened the command-line interpreter, ran compileall, and
tried the suggested diagnostics (import test.autotest). I got more errors
than the README said I would:
 - "test test_XXXX skipped --  No module named XXXX" for the following: al,
bsddb, cd, cl, crypt, dbm, dl, fcntl, gc, gl, grp, imgfile, mmap, nis, pwd,
signal, sunaudiodev, timing, winreg, winsound
 - "test test_fork1 skipped --  os.fork not defined -- skipping test_fork1"
 - "test test_largefile skipped --  platform does not have largefile support"
 - "test test_linuxaudiodev skipped --  No module named fcntl"
 - "test test_locale skipped --  test locale en_US not supported" (I am
indeed in the US.)
 - "test test_longexp crashed -- exceptions.MemoryError: " which I expected.
 - "test test_openpty skipped --  No openpty() available."
 - "test test_poll skipped --  select.poll not defined -- skipping test_poll"
 - "test test_popen2 skipped --  cannot import name fork"
 - "test test_pty skipped --  No module named FCNTL"
 - "test test_socket crashed -- socket.error: host not found" which is
strange, because I have a normal DSL connection.
 - "test test_sundry skipped --  No module named bsddb"
 - "test test_zlib crashed -- exceptions.MemoryError: " which I also expected.

Final results:
105 tests OK.
3 tests failed: test_longexp test_socket test_zlib
29 tests skipped: test_al test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_crypt test_dbm
test_dl test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gc test_gl test_grp test_imgfile
test_largefile test_linuxaudiodev test_locale test_mmap test_nis test_openpty
test_poll test_popen2 test_pty test_pwd test_signal test_sunaudiodev
test_sundry test_timing test_winreg test_winsound

Someone tell me this is normal.

(iMac rev C, OS 9.1, 256MB virtual memory, Python 2.1.)