[Pythonmac-SIG] BuildApplet and Application problems

jlegg@acs.wooster.edu jlegg@acs.wooster.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:32:24 -0400 (EDT)

 I'm working on a project that uses the Res module to access resource data
from a .rsrc (or the python file itself, when I compile it to and applet
or application). As a script with a seperate .rsrc file everything works
fine but when I run BuildApplet on it I run into problems. Everything
"compiles" fine and I end up with a .applet program but this does not do
anything when it runs -- flashes a blank console window then terminates.
The Application will do the same thing (except sit at a blank console with
*terminated* in the title bar). However, when I compile scripts that do
not make use of Res module functions everything seems to work fine. Any
ideas as to why this is and possible resolutions?

In fact, it seems that I can even use Res functions and compile everything
fine -- it's only when I merge my .rsrc file with the applet/application
that things turn to failure. If I compiled with CodeWarrior or some
other way would that work?

-- Jesse