[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't install even

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:17:07 +0100

> On MacOS 9.1 (i.e. not X) you run ConfigurePythonClassic (not
> ConfigurePythonCarbon) if you want to use Tkinter.
>
> However, I'm puzzled, because I've never seen any checkbox in
> ConfigurePythonCarbon or ConfigurePythonClassic, they both just run.
> So I'm wondering what sort of installation you have.

Problematic. :-)

The checkbox is in the Get Info box of the Application. I didn't know it was
there either.

I'm sorry this has probably been covered already..what's the timescale for
Tkinter on OSX? Anytime soon? Or anyone have WxWindows in a user-friendly
state. I'm having to look at Java in order to get a gui that isn't
sucky...and I'm not the "typed" type...

Cheers

tom