[Pythonmac-SIG] where is xstat/rstat

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:36:05 +0200

Recently, Suresh L Konda <slk@sei.cmu.edu> said:
> Hello,
>
> 	While there is a reference to xstat/rstat (name differs between two
> versions of the ref. doc) in module os, I cannot find the actual method
> itself.  Any help in finding it or a workaround would be much
> appreciated.

In the Carbon version it's gone, in the classic version of 2.1 it's
still available. This is mentioned in the release notes.

xstat() turned out to be difficult to implement for carbon, and the
information that it provides as available through other methods as
well. os.stat and macfs.FSSpec().GetCreatorType()... Hmm, the size of
the resource fork is not so easy to determine, using MacOS.openrf()
and seek()/tell() is the only way I can think of.