[Pythonmac-SIG] What do people use Mac Python for?

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:47:48 -0700

At 11:24 -0400 6/15/01, Frank Steele wrote:
>I have a project I'm starting to sketch out that will require a warm, fuzzy
>GUI that gives inexpert users access to data in a remote database and allows
>them to do some very simple, text-based visualizations. The final
>application _MUST_ run on the Mac (OS 9, though a clear path to OS X is
>clearly important) and on Windows; any other platforms are gravy.

Would slipping a web server and browser(s) into the mix help with your GUI
needs?
(For that matter, the "web server" could *be* your Python code.)

Your inexpert users probably have some experience with browsers.

  --John (who has never done GUI in Python on any platform, beyond copying
"hello world" fields and "Press me" buttons from the beginnings of
tutorials)

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA