[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter on OSX works...

Steven Burr sburr@home.com
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:50:45 -0700

I've got the same set up, and it's working quite well.  I thought it
might be useful to mention that I got tcl/tk through fink --
http://fink.sourceforge.net/ -- which automates the download,
configuration, compilation and installation of command line and X
Windows programs for use with Darwin.

I also used fink to download the readline library, which allows the use
of emacs-style editing to recall command history and edit commands in
the Python interpreter.  It's compiled into the binary version of Python
for Darwin at http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/, but apparently doesn't
come "out of the box" with the Python source code or the OS X developer
tools.