[Pythonmac-SIG] Anyone want to take over NumPy for the mac?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:37:51 +0200

Can I entice anyone to take over NumPy maintainance for the Mac? Now
that MacPython understands distutils it's fairly simple to maintain
and there's really very little reason for it being packaged with the
main MacPython distribution.

Moreover, as I've always only compiled it and ran the test suite (I'm
a rather anumerical person myself:-) someone else can probably do a
better job of it: separating the release cycle from the MacPython
release cycle, possibly also doing distributions of the other
scientific Python stuff, etc.

What you would need is a Mac and MacPython (obviously) and the
CodeWarrior development environment.
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++