[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac OS Error: (-1712, 'the AppleEvent timed out')

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:32:59 +0200

Recently, transmitRobot <adv.files@robbstucky.com> said:
> Does anybody have a simple example of catching this exception and its
> arguments?
> Other errors/exceptions report their catchable name. Examples:
> 'StandardError', 'AttributeError', 'SyntaxError'
> 'Mac OS Error' has spaces in it, so I'm guessing it is not the correct
> nomenclature for this exception.

It has many many names: AE.Error, macfs.Error, Res.Error, etc.
As you're probably imporing aetools aetools.Error would be a good
choice.

But, you're right, a canonical name would be a good idea. I think I'll
change it to MacOS.Error.