[Pythonmac-SIG] Interpreter on Mac

Christopher Smith csmith@blakeschool.org
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:13:22 -0500

I wrote the following and Jack suggested that I send it to the
SIG.

> >     I ran into a little behavior problem with the
> >     Interpreter on the Mac.  If you are at the prompt and
> >     you press "end" the interpreter quits.  One could call
> >     this a "feature" since if you have moved the cursor of
> >     the prompt line, pressing "end" takes you to the prompt.
> >      But if you have been paging up and want to see the
> >     last line again and you press "end" the interpreter
> >     quits because the page up and down didn't move the
> >     cursor.

Has anybody else run into this problem?

>     Also, a bit more detail
>     (Interpreter or IDE, Carbon or Classic, which MacOS
>     version) might help tracking this down.

This is a problem with the Interpreter (I have not been able to
get the IDE to run on my system, it either quits with a
IsAntiAliasesTextEnabled error or a Mac 1011 error depending on
whether I try to run the Classis or Carbon version.)

I'm running OC 8.5.1 on a 7600 which I don't think is Carbon
compatible (right?) so I assume I'm running Classic.  However, I
found CarbonLib 1.0.4 in my Extensions folder.  Is it actually
being used or is it being ignored?  (Sorry for the OS ignorance
here, not being a developer I don't often have to concern myself
with what features the OS has.)

/c