[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed issues with Applet/Applications?

Sean Hummel hummelsean@mac.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:59:52 -0700

Hi, I wrote a script which allows me to decompress from a .ZIP file, and
appropriately sizing names of files that are longer than 31 characters.

However the problem I am encountering, is that when I run the script in the
Python IDE, it runs at full speed.  When I run the script as a standalone
application or applet, then it runs VERY SLOW!

I am using Python 2.1, and I am using running this script on a PowerG4.  So
I am wondering if someone else has had this problem when using the
application or applet, and/or if there is a good solution to this problem.