[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed issues with Applet/Applications?

dave@diddlysquat.f2s.com dave@diddlysquat.f2s.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:19:12 +0000 (GMT)

Quoting Sean Hummel <hummelsean@mac.com>:

> Hi, I wrote a script which allows me to decompress from a .ZIP file,
> and
> appropriately sizing names of files that are longer than 31 characters.
>
> However the problem I am encountering, is that when I run the script in
> the
> Python IDE, it runs at full speed.  When I run the script as a
> standalone
> application or applet, then it runs VERY SLOW!
>
> I am using Python 2.1, and I am using running this script on a PowerG4.
> So
> I am wondering if someone else has had this problem when using the
> application or applet, and/or if there is a good solution to this
> problem.

Related to that, does the stand alone application have to be so huge? I mean I
have a 68k resource file and a 136k text file and when built the size is 2.5mb!
Is there any way to make it still work on machines that don't have pythoncore,
yet have it be smaller? Thanks.

Dave

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/