[Pythonmac-SIG] Python bindings for 'Cocoa'?

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:55:12 +0200

Hello,

does anybody know if TipTop.com is still in business?
Their site seems to be down and I can see pages only
when cached in Google or so.

They used to have a product suite named Objective-Every-
thing, including Objective-Python (but also -Tcl and
-Perl), that I assume let you write application code in
a socalled scripting language where the former NeXTSTEP
and now Cocoa expects Objective-C (now also Java, I
think).

After just browsing O'Reilly's Cocoa book I am amazed to
see even better versions of those Project and Interface
Builder apps I've formerly used on the NeXT and thought
it would be really cool, if there was a bridge between
Objective-C (especially Cocoa's Foundation/App Kit and
Python), maybe via Jython? Has anybody got any plans down
that road?

Regards,

Dinu

--