[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1b1 is ready!

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 12:06:27 +0100

> I installed on my mac "system" volume.
>
> Rebooted into x
> Ran the PythonIDE > crashed
> Ran the Interpreter > crashed
> Ran ConfigurePythonCarbon > It complained about not being able to find the
> libraries (they're in the same folder
> Ran Interpreter > lots of errors had to kill
> Ran EditPythonPrefs and selected system:Python 2.1b1 as python's home folder
> Ran ConfigurePythonCarbon > still complained about not being able to find
> the libraries (they're in the same folder
> ran Interpreter > Worked!!!
> ran PythonIDE > worked!!! with funny menus

This sounds like it could all be caused by installing Python twice without
removing the Preferences file in between. I'm running into this the whole time
myself, I'll have to think of a way to remove the preference files if you
re-install.