[Pythonmac-SIG] Forwarded: Christian Smith: MacPython and BBEdit

Christian Smith csmith@barebones.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:36:09 -0500

On Friday, March 2, 2001 at 0:12, jack@oratrix.nl (Jack Jansen) wrote:

> Here is the message from BareBones that I referred to.

Jack, thanks for forwarding this over. I was swampped with a few other
issues and simply had not gotten to this. I'm subscribed to this list
now as well.

I wrote:

> Perhaps you or someone you know would be interested in doing a Python
> language module.

Thanks to Chris Stern we now have one of these. Thank you very much
Chris.

> Another issue which comes up occasionally is the ability for BBEdit to
> send data to MacPython for execution/checking (similar to what is
> currently available with MacPerl). This integration between BBEdit and
> MacPerl is handle by AppleEvents but there does not seem to be any
> sort of support for this in MacPython. I think that this is something
> which would greatly enhance the MacPython IDE and even better would be
> more general support for external editors.

I'd like to reaffirm that I think this would be a great deal for the
Python/Macintosh community. I anyone wants to tackle this I would be
more than happy to provide feedback and/or suggestions.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!