[Pythonmac-SIG] "Official" MacPython docs: HELP!!!!

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:59:58 -0800

> >I personlly think LaTeX is wonderful, and the Python docs formats are a
> >pretty nice way to construct Python docs. I will warn you , however,
> >that the system is all set up to work well on a *nix system, and may
> >take a little tweaking to get to work on the Mac.
>
> Not much chance of getting it to work on clasic Mac OS as long as it
> relies on LaTeX2html (which it did when I was writing the W docs).
> LaTeX2html is a heavily Unix-dependent system - basically a bunch of
> TeX and image processing stuff glued together with Perl, as I
> understand.

I agree. What you could do pretty easily is get the LaTeX part working,
and you could get nice printout, PS, and PDF from that. The HTML would
probably have to be generated on a Unix box, but that is handled by Fred
Drake anyway.

(wouldn't a LaTeX to html built with Python be a great thing!)

Keep your contributions coming!!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,