[Pythonmac-SIG] Yet another MacPython beta

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:51:04 -0800

The full installer worked fine for me. (I did not try the other one).

Thanks for the updated release notes!!!

Everything worked just great. I only have one minor niggle: the new
dialog that says this next step could take awhile comes after the
long delay that I see. The long delay occurs when all the disk
activity of installation ends and ConfigurePython (approx.) starts
up. Eventually it gets into the swing of things and rebuilds applets,
but initially it seems to spend a lot of time just sitting and
thinking about what to do -- no disk activity or anything -- which
was worrisome the first time I saw it. No big deal.

Aside from that the installation went flawlessly, and all my code
that I tested (excluding the Tk stuff) worked great. Thanks!!!

-- Russell