[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems in Python 2.1b1 Classic with telnetlib and getpass [corrected, please, ignore my previous message]

Alfonso Baciero alczj@yahoo.es
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:12:01 +0100 (CET)

I have installed Python 2.1b1 Classic, and I have had
problems with Python modules getpass and telnetlib:

With getpass, the simple program:

#### gp.py
import getpass
passwd=getpass.getpass('password: ')
####  end of gp.py

didn´t work, with the next error messages:

macintosh hd:aplicaciones:python
2.1b1:lib:termios.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the
TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use termios
  DeprecationWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Macintosh HD:Desktop Folder:python:gp.py",
line 2, in ?
    passwd=getpass.getpass('password: ')
  File "macintosh hd:aplicaciones:python
2.1b1:lib:getpass.py", line 30, in unix_getpass
    old = termios.tcgetattr(fd)     # a copy to save
AttributeError: 'termios' module has no attribute
'tcgetattr'

For telnetlib I ran the next program:

#### ls.py
import telnetlib

host=raw_input('host: ')
tn = telnetlib.Telnet(host)

userid=raw_input('login: ')
tn.read_until("login: ")
tn.write(userid + "\n")

tn.read_until("Password:")
passwd=raw_input('password: ')
tn.write(passwd + "\n")
tn.write("ls -l \n")
tn.write('exit\n')
buf=tn.read_all()
#### end of ls.py

and sometimes it worked, but sometimes, it didn´t
work. The program input/output when there was an error
was:

host: myhost
login: mylogin
password: mypassword
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Macintosh HD:Desktop Folder:python:ls.py",
line 15, in ?
    buf=tn.read_all()
  File "macintosh hd:aplicaciones:python
2.1b1:lib:telnetlib.py", line 231, in read_all
    self.fill_rawq()
  File "macintosh hd:aplicaciones:python
2.1b1:lib:telnetlib.py", line 370, in fill_rawq
    buf = self.sock.recv(50)
socket.error: (57, 'Socket is not connected')

Both programs work fine with Python 1.5.2c1 for Mac
and BeOpen-Python 2.0 for Linux,

Alfonso.