[Pythonmac-SIG] Gnuplot Installation

Larry Meyn lmeyn@mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:56:52 -0800

I needed to do a few hacks to get Gnuplot.py version 1.5 to run under MacPython 2.1.  First in gp_mac.py (in the Gnuplot folder) the following code was changed from:

class _GNUPLOT(aetools.TalkTo,
               Required_Suite.Required_Suite,
               gnuplot_Suites.gnuplot_Suite,
               gnuplot_Suites.odds_and_ends,
               gnuplot_Suites.Standard_Suite,
               gnuplot_Suites.Miscellaneous_Events):
    """Start a gnuplot program and emulate a pipe to it."""

    def __init__(self):
        aetools.TalkTo.__init__(self, 'GPSE', start=1)

to:

class _GNUPLOT(aetools.TalkTo,
               Required_Suite.Required_Suite_Events,
               gnuplot_Suites.gnuplot_Suite,
               gnuplot_Suites.odds_and_ends,
               gnuplot_Suites.Standard_Suite,
               gnuplot_Suites.Miscellaneous_Events):
    """Start a gnuplot program and emulate a pipe to it."""

    def __init__(self):
        aetools.TalkTo.__init__(self, '{GP}', start=1)

(Note the use of Required_Suite.Required_Suite_Events and '{GP}' )

I also needed to modify Required_Suite.py in the MacPython 2.1 distribution.  It had no methods for open, print, run, and quit so I copied them from Standard_Suite.py (I don't know if this is the best solution, but it was expedient.)  Following these changes the set up and demo scripts in Gnuplot seemed to run fine.

Larry Meyn
Aerospace Operations Modeling Office

M/S 210-10                         Phone:  (650) 604-5038
NASA Ames Research Center          FAX:    (650) 604-0222
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000       email:  lmeyn@mail.arc.nasa.gov