[Pythonmac-SIG] Gnuplot Installation

Larry Meyn lmeyn@mail.arc.nasa.gov
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:07:56 -0800

Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback on this topic.  I took Jack's advice and
ran gensuitemodule.  This avoids having to tamper with any of the
Python distribution files like Required_Suite.  The gensuitemodule
produces a gnuplot_Suites package to replace the gnuplot_Suites.py
file.  The only change that seemed to be needed to the generated
files in this package was to change the name of a method in
gnuplot_Suite.py from exec to gnuexec.  Several changes needed to be
made to gp_mac.py, but no other files seem to need modification. For
those interested I've posted a copy of the module at the URL shown
below. Just drop it into the Lib:site-packages folder. I don't know
how the distutils package works, so running setup.py won't copy
everything to the right place.  There are a few gnuplot errors
generated when running test.py, so this is just an interim solution.

Larry

http://homepage.mac.com/lmeyn/.cv/lmeyn/Public/Gnuplot.sea-binhex.hqx