[Pythonmac-SIG] Any suggestions on this? (FTP -> Uncompress)

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:58:38 -0500

Guys,

	It looks like I'm going to have to tackle a python macintosh
platform
	specific problem.

	I have a small python app that I have running on the PC, and
adapting
	it to macintosh specific code...

	That's basically done.

	It's a app that FTP's to a central server, and downloads
code/software
	updates, and "installs" it onto the client computer.

	Works fine....

	But on the Macintosh, you can't just FTP the application... The FTP
	server (IIS/PC) would strip the resource fork(s), etc.... So I'm
going
	to have to compress the application(s).....

	Along with that, I need to be able to uncompress the archive,
without
	user intervention.... For example, the *.SEA dialog window asking
where
	to uncompress isn't acceptable.

	Any suggestions on route(s) to take here?

			- Benjamin