[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1 released

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 02 May 2001 17:07:46 +0200

> I just installed 2.1 final release, ran ConfigurePythonCarbon, started
> PythonInterpreter, and imported test.autotest.
>
> I got two failurs, test_asynchat and test_socket. The latter, I assume
> from previous posts, is because reverse lookup is not configured. The
> error message for test_asynchat is:
> [...]

I think the asynchat failure is essentially the same as the socket failure.
There's a report that it goes away if you set up reverse mapping.

> Also, if I open Terminal and try to run Python from the command line, with
> '/Applications/Python\ 2.1/PythonInterpreter', I get the following error:
>
> > /Applications/Python 2.1/PythonInterpreter: unmatched ` [1]
>
> Is it possible to run MacPython from the command line?

Sorry, this won't work. MacPython lives ain a fully mac-centric universe, with
\r as line ending, mac:path:names in stead of /unix/path/names, no command
line arguments, etc etc etc.

There's a lot of work to be done for a unified distribution, and we're still
looking for people willing to help....